{Summer Sweetness }

I need some more sweetness today!
I’m still excited and I need something different today! I need to be busy to stop thinking how I miss my ladies
I need to do something , to create, to cook or to sew.
I MISS YOU!
Summer is fantastic for his fruits, I love peaches, figs, apricots, water melon
This is the best period to prepare jams for winter, to capture all the summer flavours and enjoy them in winter, when it’s cold and sadly dark!

Days are shorter, no sun and the only thing you want is to stay home drinking a cup of hot tea and eating a slice of warm apricot cake.
Last week I’ve made my Apricot jam.
Here’s my recipe:
2Kg of apricots
1kg of sugar
1tbsp of grounded cinnamon (if desired)
1 lemon
For my jam I use ripen apricots, they are better, they are more juicy and sweet.
Wash them gently under water and cut them in four pieces. Add the sugar, the lemon juice and the lemon zest and the cinnamon . If desired you can add almonds too. I don’t like them but it’s up to you.
Let the mix rests for a day or even more and then pour it in a soucepan. Boil slowly stirring continuously. Cook for at least 40 minutes, or untill you realize that the jam reached the right consistency!
Now it’s time to put the jam on the jars. Make sure that you have enough jam jars and that they are well sterylised.
Fill the jars and close them. Invert (put upside down) the jars to create vacuum-pack and let them sit overnight!
What I love is to use small jars , very cute to give as gifts to friends and you can customize them with your own labels.
Then eat it!
Have a great day darling!
I’m on a train for Tuscany!
Talk to you later!
  • PAOLA said:

Buona adoro l'albicocca e mi sa che la faccio!!
    ciao Gaia

• Anna said:

aNCHE QUESTO SAI FARE? fantastico!!!
    In treno per la Toscana? smetto di preoccuparmi per te, a breve ritornerà il tuo buon umore, non può essere altrimenti
    Lovely!!!

• Elena said:

ti ricordi ancora della tua amichetta? ne voglio unaaaa!!!

• non vedo l'ora di provarla ma intanto a spetto di gustami te!

• Zane said:

looks soooo delicious!!! and makes me want to do it by myself :)

• Katie said:

Good Morning...

I absolutely love your blog!!! I started a blog a few months back... So much to learn!!! I was wondering what photo shop you use? I like your photos and how you can write on them. I'm using Picnik now, but not sure if I like it.

Katie, XoXo

• Kris said:

yummy!! I need to try this! Where do you get all of your jars??

• paola said:

Ciao Gaia! Sai che il tuo vecchio post sulla marmellata di fragole mi ha ispirata talmente che ho fatto per la prima volta la mia marmellatina personale?? Stavolta mi sa che farò il bis con quella di albicocche ;)
    Foto bellissime, come sempre!

• Yammie......sounds great.....I'm on a train for Tuscany!....i wish ......i lived their........hahahahh!! happy evening....hugs from me...

• Ohhh that jam looks delightful! I'm with you...I love all of summer sweet fruits! Happy Tuesday to you!
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

• Ciao tesorino, vedo con piacere che ti sei data da fare oggi! La mia preferita è quella di prugne però! ;)

Un abbraccio forte forte!
    Sarah

• Hi Hon ~

Your ladies weekend looked amazing! What a gorgeous group of girls!

And these apricots...my mouth is watering!

Bisous,